Although we were only in Madrid for 3 days, it felt like forever. I really wanted to get to Sevilla and get settled into my apartment and get used to my routine so I could travel and enjoy myself. Also, all we did in Madrid was go to tours of random religious buildings and the royal palace. Don't get me wrong...they were all really cool, but I have never been the tour type as I get bored really easy and quickly become that guy in the back cracking jokes and reverting back to my 8 year old humor. Rather than explain the monuments I saw I'll put up a few pictures.

This is the royal palace of Madrid. It has over 2000 rooms and every room is full of gold, marble, and every type of rich material you can imagine. Very very cool building....very boring tour.

This is the royal burial chamber for all the Spanish kings that have ever ruled. It is about an hour outside of Madrid. The actual burial chamber was awesome... it was a spiral winding hallway staircase down to a marble room where all the kings and their queens are buried in marble coffins. Again very cool, but boring tour.
I made the mistake of eating Burger King on the second day and wasn't able to enjoy anything else in Madrid for the rest of the time there. I have already vowed in Austin to never go to the BK lounge, and after this I'm pretty sure it's just a world wide shitty establishment. Thank you burger king. We finally packed up and headed for Sevilla...
No comments:
Post a Comment